Monday, September 3, 2012

August Sunset

 
The winds have changed and the temperature is bearable which means that summer is coming to a close. Although, I refuse to admit that it's  almost over because I don't think I've had enough. It's never enough.  I hear friends and neighbors wishing one another "Καλό φθινόπωρο" (Good Autumn) and I refuse to accept that another beautiful summer is near its end. I took this photo just a  little over one week ago and it was comfortable to be sitting on the beach after the sun had set. As much as I love autumn, I'm hoping for another short heat wave. 



~





6 comments:

  1. I feel more or less the same way as you! Let the summer last forever...

    Blog about life and travelling
    Blog about cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ola! Yes, may our beautiful thoughts and memories of summer keep us warm throughout the colder months. :):):)

      Delete
  2. what a delicious, rich orangey sunset. i wish summer would never end, yet i welcome fall with open arms.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amanda, I love that you used the word delicious in your description of the photo because it was absolutely delicious- just a beautiful moment. I like fall too, I just need a week or two of heat for swimming and I'll be happy. :)

      Delete
  3. The colors, in fact the whole photograph in itself is truly breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bhavesh, thank you so much for your compliment. It's nice to hear from you! :)

      Delete